Mayhem Intergalactic: First commercial game written in D?

Chris P. chrisp at inventivedingo.com
Fri Dec 7 21:45:32 PST 2007

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Chris P. wrote:
>
>>> Not sure what Derelict is doing, but linking to the patched SDLmain
>>> hasn't been required for quite some time now - instead the required
>>> "SDL_main" can call upon the D runtime to invoke the user main()...
>>
>> Oh, really? I've only really been reading the Derelict forums, so I
>> wasn't aware that anyone had come up with a solution not involving
>> SDLmain.m. Could you point me to it?
>
> There is some source code at http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/#bindings
>
> --anders

Oh, I see - you're still using SDLmain, but it's standard SDLmain, not a
patched SDLmain? My solution doesn't involve SDLmain at all, that was
the point. It does the required initialisation on Mac OS X by itself. Or
at least it does some of it - maybe my crash is because I'm not
initialising something that I should be, I don't know.

According to Sam Lantinga, SDLmain.c is public domain, but I can't find
any definitive references to SDLmain.m being public domain, and that's
the file we really care about for Mac OS X. So IMO SDLmain.m's licencing
status is unclear. It's for this reason that I've constructed my own,
independent solution.

-Chris