DSSS 0.74 released.

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sat Dec 22 02:11:29 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Gregor Richards wrote:
>> DSSS, the D Shared Software System, is a tool to ease the building,
>> installation, configuration and acquisition of D software.
>>
>> For those that like versions to have names, this is:
>> DSSS 0.74, "Extremely Delayed Release"
>>
>> I didn't get everything I wanted to in 0.74, but it really needed to
>> be released, so here it is.
>>
>>         - Made `dsss net fetch` fall back on copying where renaming is
>>           impossible (see ticket #138).
>>         - rebuild now ignores -v1
>>         - Rebuild: Merged DMD 2.007.
>>         - Rebuild: rebuild_choosedc now works when installed to
>> /usr/bin (see
>>           ticket #143).
>>         - Added an RPM specfile (see ticket #144).
>>         - Rebuild now supports the -debuglib and -defaultlib flags.
>>         - DSSS will no longer try to build if no config file is
>> specified and
>>           no file are specified on the command line.
>>         - Auxiliary builds of binaries are now allowed with names e.g.
>>           [main.d+feature] (see ticket #153).
>>

>> As per usual, more information and downloads are available at
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/
>>
>>  - Gregor Richards
>
> I'm getting the dreaded
>  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
>
> messages now with 0.74 that I wasn't getting with the previous version.
>
> So it looks like I'll be reverting to 0.73. :-(

BTW I think I recall you posting saying that you've been bouncing back
and forth between two different behaviors and one works for some people
and one works for others -- If that's the case then maybe you just need
to make that choice of behavior an option for now until the linker bugs
in dmd get fixed.  Make one behavior default but provide a flag that
will select the other behavior for those that are having linker troubles.

--bb