DMD 1.005 release

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 6 19:20:51 PST 2007

Ary Manzana wrote:
> Walter Bright escribió:
>> True, but on the other hand, specifically not supporting it in the IDE
>> may act as a needed brake on evil uses of it.
> But... I'm wondering which are the evil uses of it.

 From my point of view, evil uses of it are things like version control:

	mixin(import("versions.txt"));

where versions.txt contains:

	version = FOO;
	version = BAR;

etc., or other uses that subvert the right way to do things. One should
think long and hard about using textual import to import D code.

What it's for is to:

1) import data for a string constant
2) import code that's in DSL (Domain Specific Language), not D, form.