Steve Yegge's rant on The Next Big Language

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Mon Feb 12 09:25:04 PST 2007

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

> Except for the typing system (though it could certainly get there), the
> absolute lack of tools, and missing about half of the Kitchen Sink points ;)

Half?, more like one or two hard misses and a few more close calls.

I can kill one close calls:

 >4 Destructuring bind (e.g. x, y = returnTwoValues())

If I'm reading it right this does that, and nicely:

struct SetT(V...)
{
   V args_m;
   static SetT go(inout V args)
   {
     SetT ret;
     foreach (i, arg; args) ret.args_m[i] = arg;
     return ret;
   }
   void opCall(inout V args)
   {