New Layout Wiki4D

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 07:27:21 PST 2007

Frits van Bommel Wrote:
<snip>
> Yes, the first thing I noticed was that the page should be wider,
> and use a larger font.  It only uses half my screen space with a
> rather small font on my monitor.

Wrong again.  It should have no width set at all.  Fixed width layouts on web pages should never have been invented.

> Looking at the source, all sizes are specified in _pixels_. This is
> typically a Bad Thing for anyone using a higher resolution than the
> author uses. It certainly is for me...
<snip>

It's nothing to do with resolution.  It's to do with basic accessibility principles and not disabling the means by which browsers implement such principles.

Either specify font sizes in ems, not pixels or points, or don't specify them at all.

Stewart.