DSSS Source Management Interface and version 0.12 release

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Thu Jan 4 03:00:27 PST 2007

DSSS, the D Shared Software System, is a tool to ease the building,
installation, configuration and acquisition of D software.

DSSS 0.12 fixes some minor problems compiling with DMD 1.00 and GDC
0.21, as well as a strange bug linking against libraries with
DMD+Windows (which may have been related to DMD 1.00, but I'm not
confident).

Also notable is that DSSS now has a source management interface, which
means that the process of publishing your D software to the master DSSS
source list is now quite a bit easier. The site is http://dsss.codu.org/
. To manage sources there, you simply need to register, then register
with me the name of your project (yes, there is still that one manual
step involved), and then you can edit your section of the master
source.list whenever and however you please, through the web interface.
It handles updating the master repository.

Hopefully the addition of the SMI will make people a bit more willing to
start making their D software available via `dsss net` :)

  - Gregor Richards