Tango Graphics Package

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 18:40:19 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Mike Parker wrote:

> Are you using a nice anti-aliased renderer to do the pixel pushing?
> Something like AGG ported to D would be cool.  It seems to be aiming at
> about the right level -- cross platform, only knows how to render to
> bitmaps internally.  I know there are folks using AGG for server side
> image gen (if not directly then at least thorough Matplotlib, which uses
> AGG as its renderer).
>
> --bb

I thought about porting AGG, but two things stopped me. For one, the
design is rather horrid, IMO. It's a PITA to use and seems it would be
an even bigger PITA to port. The real killer, though, is that the
current version (2.5, IIRC) is GPL. The previous version has a
less-restrictive license, but there's so much similarity between the two
versions it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

For what we have right now, we're using a custom rasterizer and haven't
yet implemented AA. I'm open to porting an existing rasterizer if
there's a good one out there with a reasonable license.