Flower opened

bobef asd at asd.com
Tue Jun 5 01:36:41 PDT 2007

Don Clugston Wrote:

> I admire your sentiment, but I think that using lawyers to enforce ethical
> behaviour is not the right approach...
> Better to avoid the legal language, and say something like:
> "the author requests that ..."
> and put it under a standard license.

I see no lawyers in the whole thing. Looking at my English dictionary I understand the word "license" as "the author requests that ...". I haven't mentioned lawyers, have I? If you think of how this legal nonsense (because the state it is today is real madness in my opinion) begun it was just that. People *agreed* to follow some common rules. Today nobody agrees anything. Everybody is just forced, assuming that he agreed to be forced... Anyway... If it sounds "legal" to you-  fine.

"I (the author) am requesting that the source code I provide is not used in a way that will result harm to anyone or anything sentient"