tiobe D remains at 14 but is losing ground for the second month

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Wed Jun 13 11:36:26 PDT 2007

Georg Wrede wrote:

> janderson wrote:
>> The June tiobe scores are out.  D remains at 14 but is losing ground for
>> the second month.
>
> Could this be because we are concentrating on advanced issues in D, and
> totally ignoring the *users*?

I believe it's more because there hasn't been many revolutionary new
features in the last releases and also because of the slower release cycle.

> As a first step, maybe we should split the D ng somehow?
>
> Maybe D.1 and D.2, or simply D and D.advanced?

Some kind of moderation would also help. Of course it causes additional work
to the ng admin (Walter) and complicates archiving, but there are many
posts that are sent to wrong group - especially bug reports and newbie
questions.