DMD 2.000 alpha release

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 01:05:58 PDT 2007

So, I *finally* understand why those parens are there for const and
invariant: I didn't realise they were usable as storage classes now!

But this brings up a question: if "in" is the same as "scope const
final", does this mean the "final" is redundant?  I mean, you can't
reassign to a const storage variable anyway.  The only other effect of
final, allowing you to assign to members in a constructor, doesn't
really seem like it would apply to function arguments.

Also, it appears that TypeInfos aren't printing the parens around
composite types; should they?

writefln("const char[]:  %s", typeid(const char[]));
writefln("const(char)[]: %s", typeid(const(char)[]));

Produces:

const char[]:  const const char[]
const(char)[]: const char[]

	-- Daniel