dsource.org Planned Outage Friday, March 2

Brad Anderson brad at dsource.org
Thu Mar 1 06:53:01 PST 2007

All,

dsource.org will have a planned outage tomorrow, Friday, March 2.

 * The site will be down most of the day, starting at 9am EST (GMT -5)

 * Duration is unknown, but I would expect 8 hours.  Hopefully it will be shorter.

 * We are transferring to slicehost.com hosting, so the result should be
stupid-fast everything and tons of bandwidth.  Also, the db locking problem
has been back the past week or two and I hope this move takes care of whatever
software package on the current server is causing it.

 * Unfortunately, this process is bound by the upstream bandwidth from the
current server to the slice.

 * To prevent write activities while doing the transfer (wiki, svn, forums,
tickets, etc.), the entire site needs to be down.  I am going to attempt some
configuration things, so the site possibly will be up read-only, but if that
doesn't work, the entire thing will be inaccessible.

 * I will be on Freenode IRC in #d as *boorad* for the /occasional/ status check.

 * I apologize if this message sounds like I'm treating you all as
crack-addict fiends who can't bear to be 'without' for any period of time.

Cheers,
BA