Tango 0.96 beta2 released

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Sat Mar 17 07:21:44 PDT 2007

Frits van Bommel wrote:

> The above error is fixed.
>
> However, after reverting my changes, I still get the old va_arg error:
> I dug into it a bit more and it turns out GDC chokes if va_start and/or
> va_arg are inside version(GNU)(!).

Ack!  Fixed now.  Thanks :-)

> I don't think this should cause problems for DMD since the only import
> of this module is inside version(GNU) itself...

Yup.  I mostly did it to be safe.

> User-level code importing std.c.stdarg may be a problem. Unfortunately,
> this seems unavoidable since the code is needed by tango.stdc.stdarg.
> Unless perhaps it could be moved to lib/compiler/gdc and only copied to
> an import path when building/installing for GDC?

I'd considered moving it somewhere else entirely (gcc, perhaps) and just
naming the module std.c.stdarg internally, but I have no idea if that
would work with the way intrinsics are handled in GDC.  If you're
inclined to try this and it works, however, please let me know.  If this
becomes a long-term fix I may also look into having GDC install them as
you suggest.  I'll admit I'm still secretly hoping to not have to
maintain 'std' to support intrinsics forever.

Sean