Tango 0.96 beta2 released

Sat Mar 17 07:53:37 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
[talking about std/c/stdarg.di]
> I'd considered moving it somewhere else entirely (gcc, perhaps) and just
> naming the module std.c.stdarg internally, but I have no idea if that
> would work with the way intrinsics are handled in GDC.  If you're
> inclined to try this and it works, however, please let me know.  If this
> becomes a long-term fix I may also look into having GDC install them as
> you suggest.  I'll admit I'm still secretly hoping to not have to
> maintain 'std' to support intrinsics forever.

Doesn't seem to work. Apparently it needs to be imported as std.c.stdarg
for it to work...

Maybe you guys should talk to the compiler developers and suggest a more
movable way to mark special modules.
Perhaps a pragma:
---
version(CompilerSource) pragma(magic_module, c_stdarg);
---
(with CompilerSource in [GNU, DigitalMars])

That sort of thing is what pragmas were intended to do, wasn't it?
(From http://www.digitalmars.com/d/pragma.html: "Pragmas are a way to
pass special information to the compiler and to add vendor specific
extensions to D.")