I have a suggestion.

Brian Byrne bdbyrne at wisc.edu
Wed May 16 08:43:29 PDT 2007

YonggangLuo wrote:
> i think it's will be a good idea to replace "foreach_reverse" with  "frr".
> "foreach_reverse" is too long as a keyword

I tend to side on being explicit, so I don't think "frr" would be that
great of a name change. But I will agree that foreach_reverse looks
fairly ugly (more than a keyword should).

Anyways, along your lines I think "fer" (ForEachReverse) would be a more
appropriate abbreviation. I can give it association to hillbilly speech,
"Fer dat dem dere list [insert mental image of a scraggly old man in
overalls holding a list upside-down]..."

More seriously, I think a better keyword would be rforeach, revforeach,
or something similarly parallel. Something about reading underscores in
keywords (*cough* C++) makes me cringe at the sight.

Brian Byrne