D for Xcode 1.0

Pablo Ripolles in-call at gmx.net
Fri Nov 23 03:36:18 PST 2007

Michel Fortin Wrote:

> On 2007-11-22 06:48:24 -0500, Pablo Ripoll	s <in-call at gmx.net> said:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I've observed that after installing the plug-in in the specified folder
> > (which in my case I have to create it), the icon doesn't get
> > automatically registered.  Besides, double-clicking in the default
> > white icon doesn't launch any Xcode but the typical dialog offering
> > which application to use.  Once I've chosen Xcode the double-clicking
> > works and but the icon remains in its default unknown white state.  The
> > Xcode gets launched and the editor window showing the source has no [d]
> > icon on its title bar.
>
> I suggest you duplicate the plugin in the Finder so the system take
> notice of the hidden launcher application inside. Perhaps after that
> you'll have to use the get info window on a D file to set the
> associated application to the D for Xcode Launcher since you've
> manually attached d documents to Xcode. I think will this you'll get
> the icons. (You may need to reopen your user session to see the icon
> change in the Finder.)

Perfect!!! amazing! thanks a lot!

Indeed I didn't copy the plug-in to the /Library/... destination directory using the Finder.  Mostly when I work as administrator I do it using sudo in the Terminal.  In this case I copied the plug-in this way too.  It might be interesting to mention it on the web installation notes.

> I'll have to check for a way to make the launcher application
> registeration process more seamless for when the system fail to see
> notice application by its own. Thank you for reminding me of this issue.

Please! you'r welcome!