DMD 1.022 and 2.005 releases

0ffh spam at frankhirsch.net
Wed Oct 10 07:59:37 PDT 2007

BLS wrote:
> 0ffh schrieb:
>> If you're so in love with C++, why bother with D?
> NOOOOOoooo, clarification ;-), I don't like C++, BUT I need to translate
> some Cpp libs into D. And sometimes it is difficult to do this job [...]

I suppose life just isn't fair. =)

> beside, C++ is No 2 on my personal programming language SL

What is an SL?

Earlier, BLS wrote:
> &references ... The Rationales do not say a anything about it The D
> "compared to C" just says ... We don't have it.

Yup, and good riddance I say!
IMHO even the out/ref keyword is a mistake!
(It's also the only mistake of it's kind in Pascal, btw.)

> Struct inheritance Why we need an *alias here instead of just writing
> structA : structB;

Maybe you have a point here. I suppose mixins can't be used, as there
would probably be a problem overriding.

> C++ op overloading; D is not competitive.

Hmmmm.... I can't recall any major issues here.

Regards, Frank