WindowsAPI project pages now migrated to Dsource

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 06:26:15 PDT 2007

== Quote from Stewart Gordon (smjg_1998 at yahoo.com)'s article
> The only thing I haven't cleaned out is the discussion from the
> Wiki4D page. I'm still not sure what is the best course of action
> regarding this - both what to do with the existing discussion and what
> should replace it for conducting such discussions in the future.  I
> suppose the question is whether we need a discussion page on the wiki.
> We have these newsgroups and the Dsource forum - do we really need
> anywhere else?
> Stewart.

I think the problem is that is isn't one semi-official place to discuss the
project. People will post about the project where they want to post about it, but
I think it's helpful for an official place to share information with people in the
project.

For example, if people post in the forums and the people involved in the project
don't frequently read the forums, they might not ever know that someone has posted
useful comments in the forums. That's why I sometimes added a comment on the
Wiki4D page when someone posted in a dsource forums. (Of course, I don't know that
anyone saw that comment either.)

Also, there's such a high volume of newsgroup posts, that it's easy to miss a
thread if someone goes on vacation for a few days.

Also, related posts can show up in any of the newsgroups. For example,  here's a
recent post that's in digitalmars.D (while this post is in digitalmars.D.announce):

http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=57654

It's good to have a designated wiki page where messages can be left until they're
dealt with. But I guess that still leaves the issue of how long the content has to
remain before it's deleted. If the dsource Trac wiki is used, even if the message
is deleted, it can still be found in the page history. Maybe some of the
Questions-and-Answers could be turned into an official Q-and-A page, and then the
messages could be deleted?