Web, scripting languages & performance [Was: FlowerScirpt teaser]

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 07:04:25 PDT 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:11:00 +0300, Henning Hasemann <hhasemann at web.de> wrote:

> I would love such a framework. I'm also wondering if there might be a
> way to avoid that awful stateless coding style, ie to be able to do
> something like:
>
> ----
> ask_for_users_address();
> // user gets a form to enter its address, program here is "frozen" here
> // until the user submits or the session times out
>
> ask_for_users_bank_account();
> // present another form
> ----

It should be possible with threads or fibers. Threads consume OS resources, so they may not be the perfect choice (consider the DoS attack scenario). If you don't allocate too much resources per thread/fiber (stack space, but not much is necessary here - just enough to control the state of a session), it might even be practically useable with some tuning.

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                          mailto:thecybershadow at gmail.com