DMD 1.038 and 2.022 releases

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Sat Dec 20 12:08:28 PST 2008

Yigal Chripun escribió:
> Denis Koroskin wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:41:23 +0300, Yigal Chripun <yigal100 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> When programming in Java, Eclipse knows to handle all of this for you.
>>> it will suggest adding missing imports, it can remove unused imports
>>> and it can convert a foo.bar.* into a list of the specific modules you
>>> actually used in the code.
>>> I wish that kind of tool would be available for D. Is this
>>> functionality implemented in descent? if not, is it planned?
>>>
>>> I do realize that it's more difficult to do this for D than it is for
>>> Java, because of Conditional compilation and other issues already
>>> mentioned in this thread. But it would be awesome if I could just write:
>>>
>>> Stdout("whatever").newline;
>>>
>>> and get a quick-fix action (Ctrl+1) to add tango.io.Stdout to the list
>>> of imports.
>>>
>>> --Yigal
>>
>> You should watch Descent videos on youtube, it is *much* smarter that
>> that!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/user/asterite
>
> I watched the video.
> the functionality is that if you write: new Foo; it added automatically
> an import for Foo. that's very cool and all but I was asking for
> something more than that.
>
> for Java, Eclipse can add and manage imports for you not only when you
> do new Somthing() but also for functions - like recognizing that
> Stdout("string") needs to import tango.io.Stdout.

If you put the cursor right after Stdout, you get the autocompletion.
But I understand what you say, you want ctrl+shift+o (organize imports).
I need to add some hooks into the port of the compiler so when a "symbol
undefined" is reported, show a popup suggesting an import.

Aww... so many features I'd like to add. I wish more people would join
the project. Many people say "thanks to all the developers involved in
this project", and it's really just me, Robert Fraser, Bruno Medeiros,
Frank Benoit helped a little in the beginning, and I can't remember if
someone else helped... Of course, its testing, its usage, comments and
suggestions by part of the community helped a lot also, but if more
people would join the project, it would be much more powerful than now...