dmd0xf - Tango dmd package from team0xf

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:30:14 PST 2008

Frits van Bommel wrote:
> Peter Modzelewski wrote:
>> We are proud to introduce to you our new Creation. dmd0xf is a massive
>> package containing all you need to code in D on Windows working out of
>> the box. All you need to do is unpack this archive and add its bin to
>> your PATH environment variable. Newest release contains:
>>
>>     * dmd 1.025
> [snip]
>> dmd0xf is available from tango's website, as one of the community
>> downloads (
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/CommunityDownloads ), and
>> on our download site ( http://team0xf.com/index.php?n=Site.Download ).
>> We will try to keep it up to date, working and stable.
>
> Did you get permission from Walter to distribute this? AFAIK only the
> Tango team has permission to redistribute DMD.
> (The "tango community download" link also points to the team0xf site, so
> even that one is in violation of copyright unless you guys have
> permission; I don't know the exact nature of Walter's permission for
> Tango so I don't know if this would be allowed if it was on their site)

I was also wondering about this.  It seems that there would have to be
explicit permission since the dmd packaged download is not on dsource.
The original permission for Tango/dmd download was specific to dsource
only and through the Tango webspace only (if I remember correctly).

Perhaps these guys got extra permission from Walter?  If so, it would be
nice if they had made this information known in their announcement. :)

-JJR