[OT] Re: Tango heap is dangerous

Robert Kosek robert.kosek at thewickedflea.com
Wed Oct 15 05:44:35 PDT 2008

BCS wrote:
> FWIW: I *never* use forums if I have /any/ other choice. And that
> includes just dropping using whatever the forums is about.
>
> If D only had a forum, in all likely hood, I would not use D.

Pardon my curiosity, but why?  What do you have against forums?  I
prefer forums to newsgroups because they're simpler to use, in my
opinion, and if someone is a jerk they can actually be banned.  The
thing I like is that I can run a full text search on the forum and get
results faster than I can download all 14,000 headers to one of the
groups here.

Be warned, if you attribute the reason to the attitudes of people on
forums then I'll turn it back at you: I find the same thing at
newsgroups and usenet. ;-)

Regards,
Robert