[OT] Re: Tango heap is dangerous

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:17:52 PDT 2008

Hello Walter,

> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>
>> And it still doesn't solve the identity issue.
>>
> I don't think it's a problem that needs solving.

Well, this group already has suffered from several cases of identity abuse
(including sock puppetry): you can't deny that as an issue.  I think that's
why the identity problem was brought up.  I know you feel anonymous posting
is fine: perhaps that's what you meant by this not being "a problem that
needs solving".

I assume nntp authentication could help minimize such a problem for those
that want to remain anonymous... or, for those users that don't mind identifying
themselves, I suppose digital signing is an option.

-JJR