DMD 1.036 and 2.020 releases

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 18:59:36 PDT 2008

== Quote from Bill Baxter (wbaxter at gmail.com)'s article
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:39 AM, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > == Quote from Bill Baxter (wbaxter at gmail.com)'s article

> >> Assuming Windows, looks like DFLAGS aren't set right in dmd\bin\sc.ini.
> >> Should be:
> >> DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\src\phobos"  "-I%@P%\..\src\druntime\import"
> >> That fixes things for me.
> >> --bb
> >
> > Works.  Thanks.  Now I just get weird, inscrutable linker errors.  This one might
> > be a little too bleeding edge even for me.
> >
> Even with Hello World?  That one linked and ran fine for me after
> adding the druntime include.
> --bb

Ok, looks like DMD isn't finding Object properly, using stock config except for
Bill Baxter's change to sc.ini.

class Foo {}

void main() {
    auto foo = new Foo;
}

 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object6Object5printMFZv

Seriously, though, Walter, thank you very much for this release.  You have done a
tremendous job bringing us a better language.  Merging the Phobos and Tango
runtime is a monumental task (Sean, thank you, too) and a few bumps along the road
are definitely understandable.