dmd 2.029 release [OT]

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Apr 23 18:03:39 PDT 2009

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.usux6bskeav7ka at steves.networkengines.com...

> I was never a huge fan of application themes.  I don't mind a theme for
> the whole system (as long as it's simple), but I don't want iTunes to look
> different just because it can.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves about modern software. I can't really do
the subject justice without delving into a giant pile of expletives. But
worse still is when they decide to go and piss all over not just standard
looks, but also standard behaviors. Like how the Win build of iTunes will
still ignore/"eat" any click that brings it to the foreground. If I wanted
that behavior I'd be running a Mac.

The absolute worst of all though is when an app (*cough* skype *cough*)
decides that "close" and "the 'close' button" should mean "don't close
anything at all, but minimize to tray instead". That should be a firing
squad offense ;) Joking aside though, any of these are guaranteed ways to
make me lose any and all respect for a piece of software and its developers,
especially if they're arrogant enough to provide no way to turn such things
off.