Descent 0.5.4 released

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Thu Jan 29 12:02:15 PST 2009

Jason House escribió:
> Ary Borenszweig Wrote:
>
>> Jason House escribió:
>
>>> 2. Actual template instances are not shown.
>> What do you mean?
>>
>> I just tried:
>>
>> ---
>> class Foo(T) {
>>
>> }
>>
>> void lala() {
>> 	Foo!(int) foo;
>> }
>> ---
>>
>> and it was shown like:
>>
>> ---
>> class Foo(T) {
>>
>> }
>>
>> void lala() {
>> 	Foo foo;
>> }
>> ---
>>
>> (should be Foo!(int))
>>
>> Is that what you mean?
>

> No :(
> Templates are designed to do compile-time magic based on their input arguments. Currently, I can't see that magic in the compile-time view. The templates I looked at were still template foo(T) instead of somehow showing the bodies for foo!(int) and foo!(char)

I can't expand every template instantiation because then it will be a
mess, and the code formatter also won't work.

You can try pressing ctrl+shift and hovering the template instance. It
should show you it's content (removing false static ifs and stuff).

Is this what you mean? Can you provide an example?