dmd 1.046 and 2.031 releases

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:40:04 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> bearophile wrote:
>> Jason House:
>>> Hardly. There seemed to mostly be complaints about it with Andrei
>>> saying things like "I can't believe you don't see the elegance of the
>>> syntax". In the end, Andrei commented that he shouldn't involve the
>>> community in such small changes and went silent.<
>>
>> He was wrong. Even very intelligent people now and then do the wrong
>> thing.
>
> Of course the latter statement is true, but is in no way evidence
> supporting the former. About the former, in that particular case I was
> right.
>
> Andrei

Now, now.  Let's all play nicely together...

I don't like the `case a:..case b:` syntax.  It doesn't matter.  The
functionality is in place and the syntax has a sane explanation and
rationale.

Unless there's some egregious problem aside from being a bit on the ugly
side [1], it's just bike-shedding.  And I'm so, SOOO sick of bike-shedding.

Please, let's all just move on.

[1] like me.  My girlfriend disagrees with me on this, though.  *I*
think she's crazy, but I'm not exactly inclined to try and change her
mind.  :)