Descent, now with Open Type Hierarchy

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 01:39:32 PDT 2009

BCS wrote:
> Major suggestion:
>
> The auto compleat drop down is very un-aggressive. I'd love to see it be
> Google style sort based rather than ordered-list/browse based.

JDT definitely has this and Descent has some.

> The kind of thing I'm thinking of is having a live sort of the options
> based on (among other things) what you have typed and the current
> context. For instance, pull things to the top of the list that are of
> the correct type for this context

Already (sorta) does this.

> (or to a lesser extent, if they have
> members that are of the correct type), and do infix matches rather than
> just prefix matches.

Infix matches would be cool, but... where should they be presented in
the list?

There is a feature in the Open Type dialog where you can type acronyms,
i.e. "DQL" and get "DatabaseQueryListener" as a suggestion. Not sure how
practical/useful this would be to implement in autocomplete.

> Also nice would be history based sorting (the more
> often I use something, the higher up it is).

VS has this & it's a nice feature.