Tango 0.99.8 Sean released

Chad J gamerchad at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 11:04:56 PDT 2009

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Dear D community
>
> ------
>
> Signed,
>
> The Tango Team

(Also Jacob commented on the docs.)

I'll give some critique on the new dil-generated docs as well.

I'm looking at these two links:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/docs/0.99.8/
http://dil.googlecode.com/svn/doc/Tango_0.99.7/tango.text.xml.Document.html

I'm assuming the latter are an older version of dil/kandil?.

I was a bit annoyed by the API/Modules modality in the latter docs.
It'd be nice if the "Modules" list became collapsible and put the API
elements as children of each module.  It seems the newer(?) version of
the docs is collapsible, but has yet to eliminate the modality.  The
newer version is tolerable though since it doesn't just hijack the frame
when I click on a module.  It made me have to navigate back to the
"Modules" mode every time I wanted to go to a different module.  So
yeah, forced modality here is a bad thing.  I'd prefer to just get rid
of the modality entirely and merge it all into one collapsible index.

Also, it seems dil has yet to make types found in the documentation act
as hyperlinks to their definitions or at least module of definition.
This one is big for me.  I'm hoping it's been planned.

Other than that I like the new docs, and I like how progress is being
made on more intelligent generated docs.  That I can at least click on
things and see how they are defined in code is rather useful, especially
given all the trickery D can play with its type system.  Good job!

- Chad