Slide design

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 4 17:18:19 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:

> o pdf renders a lot better than html. Why that should be, I don't know,
> but it is obviously better.

I could be the old Mac "feature".  From what I recall, Apple is
fanatical about the on-screen display of something matching, as closely
as possible, the on-page display.  This means that when they render
text, they render it without adjusting the glyphs to fit the pixel grid.
 This tends to lead to slightly blurrier text on-screen.

Since PDF is for print output, it probably does the same thing.  Firefox
would be using the system text libraries which fit glyphs to a pixel
grid, and often don't antialias at low point sizes.

> o Of course I miss the D source code highlighting that Ddoc does.

You should be able to copy+paste HTML with its formatting in-tact.

> o Impress doesn't seem to be able to do tables. Bummer.

I know that 3.0 does.  Just don't use too many of them, or Impress will
start coughing up blood.

  -- Daniel