cv2pdb 0.1 released

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow at gmail.com
Sat May 9 06:50:23 PDT 2009

On Sat, 09 May 2009 11:27:39 +0300, Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario at gmx.de>
wrote:

> cv2pdb is a converter of DMD CodeView debug information to PDB debug
> format to make debugging of D applications that were created with the
> DMD compiler, as seamless as possible in current versions of Visual
> Studio (i.e Visual Studio 2008 and VCExpress).

Awesome! (Although I believe Visual Studio already has limited support for
CV debug information...)

A question: do you think it's possible to strip the CV debug info from the
executable while preserving compatibility with the PDB? I ask this because
this would make it possible to do remote debugging and post-mortem (crash
dump) analysis with closed-source applications (which can't have debug
information in the release executables).

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                          mailto:thecybershadow at gmail.com