Descent 0.5.5 released

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 09:35:18 PDT 2009

== Quote from Ary Borenszweig (ary at esperanto.org.ar)'s article
> The Descent plugin for Eclipse provides an IDE for writing, launching
> and debugging code in D.
> Explanations on how to get it from within Eclipse are here:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent
> For this release Robert Fraser made an excelent addition: when compiling
> programs using an external tool such as dsss, rebuild, dmd, gdc, ldc,
> gdmd or bud, there are now links to the files in the console output for
> warnings and errors. I think this one was pretty requested. So say
> thanks to him! :-)
> (here's a screenshot in case no one understood my poor English:
> http://downloads.dsource.org/projects/descent/problems.jpg :-P)
> This release has also some enhancements/bug-fixes:
>   - #168: Don't expand template arguments
>   - #169: Don't expand default arguments
>   - #82: switch/case auto-indent (not formatter)
>   - "Run as D application" should appear most of the time in correct
> places, as requested in the forums.
> Any suggestion, critic or bug report is welcome. You can use:
> - the forums: http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=107
> - trac: http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/report?action=new
> - irc: at freenode, #d.descent
> Enjoy!

This looks like it's coming along very nicely!  Question, though, how well is D2
stuff supposed to work right now, including automating builds with Rebuild?  I
tried (admittedly not very hard) to set up Descent and Rebuild because I'm sick of
using CodeBlocks, which functions mostly as just a text editor for D.  I ran into
various little bumps along the way.  If D2 is supposed to work reasonably well
now, I'll try harder, RTFM, and post more detailed questions if I still have any.
 If D2 support is not really usable yet, then I'd just rather wait until it is.