Taunting

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri May 22 13:02:40 PDT 2009

"Saaa" <empty at needmail.com> wrote in message
news:gv6qcj$2ckd$1 at digitalmars.com...

>> If I could get that in a super fast, light programming editor, I'd use
>> that instead.  But I can't.
>
> Wasn't there an effort somewhere to port eclipse to D ?

I have no idea, but that does raise an interesting question (maybe one of
our resident Eclipse experts can answer it?): If it were ported to D, would
that really improve the speed/resource-usage? From various things I've
heard, I fear the answer may be "only a little bit" and that it would still
need a bunch of extra optimizations (Although despite claims of Java being
fast, I would think it still has a big limit in that there's a lot of
optimizations that just simply can't be done without a systems language like
D).