parallelFuture

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 20:50:16 PDT 2009

== Quote from Andrei Alexandrescu (SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org)'s article

http://dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/parallelFuture/parallelFuture.d

> >> What license is the library under?
> >>
> >> Andrei
> >
> > Boost. I suppose you didn't want to look at the source in case the
> > license wasn't sufficiently liberal, but it's easy enough to scan
> > through the module's doc comments for a license block, without reading
> > the source code.
> I actually did take a look but couldn't visually find the license block
> at the beginning or end of the code, sorry. Now I see it's a bit below
> the beginning.
> Great - it would be cool if we could adapt this for Phobos. I'm hoping
> Sean (who is fleshing out his messaging API) and David could find ways
> to integrate their work.
> Andrei

If that's the case, someone please point me to some use cases for message passing
so I can understand it better.  parallelFuture was designed mostly with pure
throughput-oriented multithreading of embarrassingly parallel tasks in mind.  I
hadn't given any thought to message passing because I don't encounter many use
cases for it in the type of work I do.