Masahiro Nakagawa and SHOO invited to join Phobos developers

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Apr 29 09:24:22 PDT 2010

Moritz Warning wrote:
> Walter takes any possible copyright taint very serious.

Yes, I do. It is extremely important for D's future that D and Phobos be clear
of any intellectual property legal problems.

Phobos is now under the Boost license, which is the most liberal one we could
find that was in common use and meets with corporate and lawyer approval. All
submissions to Phobos must be under this license.

> Better someone told W about it before he does an emergency blow up of
> phobos. ;)

Yes, I'm glad to hear about it sooner rather than later.

> Maybe you can talk to the Tango devs to clear up this matter?

I suggest that the Tango devs convert the Tango modules that can get full
agreement by their respective devs be converted to the Boost license. The Boost
license is free of the legal problems that BSD has, and is compatible with the
Phobos license.