D web site facelift

Brian Hay bhay at construct3d.com
Fri Jul 2 21:22:18 PDT 2010

Walter Bright wrote:
> David Gileadi was kind enough to spend some time redesigning the look of
> the D web site. A preview of it is up on d-programming-language.org.
> This isn't about the content, just the look/style/feel.
>
> Comments welcome.

I think it's light years ahead of what's there now and will lift the
professional image and marketability of D.

Fonts are just fine for me, as is sidebar menu contrast. It focuses
attention on what matters, the page content, whilst not detracting from
the navigability. Good, balanced use of negative / white space - far too
many programming and technical sites assault users with a wall of text
and links. This is great.