D web site facelift

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Jul 5 16:37:30 PDT 2010

On 2010-07-05 18:41:25 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> It appears on the left-hand side for me.

He wasn't talking about that one.

If you set the preferred language of your browser (or in some cases
your OS) to something else than English, you'll see a big light-blue
Google Translate bar at the top proposing you to translate the page in
whatever preferred language you have. If your browser is set to English
as the preferred language (same as the page), it doesn't appear.

The three screenshots I posted earlier shows what the bar is like:

http://michelf.com/img/shots/d-website-1.png
http://michelf.com/img/shots/d-website-2.png
http://michelf.com/img/shots/d-website-3.png

That was the earlier design, but the bar is still there with this
improved design and shift everything downwards when it appears,
approximatively one second after the page has loaded.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/