dflplot 0.01

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 07:50:56 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 15:46, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> == Quote from Philippe Sigaud (philippe.sigaud at gmail.com)'s article
> > Out of curiosity, as I don't know DFL, why do you draw everything as text
> in
> > a scatterplot instead of using small rectangles or lines?
>
> This is to give customizability as to what the points look like.

Maybe you can encapsulate the drawing in a small function that would draw a
specific shape and let the user discriminate with an enum?

enum PointShape {circle, square, cross, ...}

Is it possible to cache a small drawing in DFL, to reuse it at will?

> > This made me laugh:
> > /**Hack around ddoc issues.)*/
> > void dummy() {}
> > Do you have a missing ')' parenthesis somewhere?
>
> Probably.  I was getting weird DDoc behavior until I added this, but I
> can't find
> the missing ) so I just hacked around it.

Try line 1022 and lines 1988-1990.

For one big file, this irked me so much that I almost wrote a small script
that would find docs comments and count parenthesis and brackets in them.
But I found the culprit before that :)

As for bitmaps, I have a small module that load 24 bit RGB .bmp as
ubyte[3][][] to manipulate them and write an ubyte[3][][] on disk, but it's
quite brittle. You indeed need a generic way to save a form to disk as an
image.

Philippe