Plot2Kill 0.02

Rory Mcguire rjmcguire at gm_no_ail.com
Thu Jul 22 10:03:36 PDT 2010

dsimcha wrote:

> == Quote from Rory Mcguire (rjmcguire at gm_no_ail.com)'s article
>> dsimcha wrote:
[snip]

> The point isn't to hardcode this directly into the Figure object.  What
> you suggest can already be done by calling xLim() and yLim() and then
> redrawing. However, Plot2Kill has the concept of a default plot window,
> which is displayed by
> showAsMain() and returned by getDefaultWindow().  The point of this is so
> that if someone wants to put up a quick plot, they don't need to set up a
> window manually.
>  At the default plot window level, I don't see either how to avoid
>  hard-coding
> this or why hard-coding it would be bad.

Ah right.

If you made the app able to select what to use at runtime that would be
awesome :).

cat data | plot2kill -stdin -gtk
cat data | plot2kill -stdin myplot.png

:D

What can the app currently do?
What have you decided is app and what is lib?
Is the code that draws the lines etc.. pluggable?

:) maybe I should just checkout your code.

I was beginning to feel that D was slow, but then "emplace, scope, enforce
[Was: Re: Manual...]" in digitalmars.D showed me otherwise, so now I'm all
excited to try some of the stuff I actually use at work.

-Rory