d support in codeblocks

Matthias Pleh matthias.pleh at gmx.at
Wed Mar 31 11:05:55 PDT 2010

> First, the normal code::block selector uses smart colors which are based
> upon the underlying text color, etc. Essentially, it only changes the
> background color (like many other editors) and doesn't change the
> foreground color. This makes selection easier to read and extend.
This are only colorsettings and can be overritten be the user

It
> also doesn't play havoc with code::blocks' thread search feature.
I don't know what you mean

> Second, languages don't have color conventions, IDEs do. Code::blocks is
> different from Visual Studio which is different from Scintilla ad
> nauseam.
Just open a Smalltalk file in codeblocks, the colorscheme is completly
different

> My recommendation was simply to follow code::blocks' style and
> XML tags where possible because a) all the existing code::blocks users
> are comfortable with this or have already overwritten those tags we
> don't like with our own preferences. And b) following the existing style
> may smooth the entire process of getting the patch accepted into the
> mainline trunk.
What is codeblocks-style? Smalltalk,C++,Ruby,ASM ... ??
They all have different colorschemes!

> Third, out of curiosity, the background color for DMD code samples seem
> to be gray. Where did you find/why did you choose beige?
OK, the backgroundcolor was badly choosen.

> Forth, for the lexer, I have a vague memory up patches/updates to
> Scintilla being posted a long time ago. You might want to look into
> SciTE4d and SEATD.
There is already a d-lexer in the scintilla and codeblocks project
This is what I use!

> Win32/DMD 2 though I don't remember seeing separate D1 and D2 entries in
> the compiler selection menu.
I tested with Wn32/DMD2 and it works just fine.
There are 3 different compiler for D
- Digital Mars D1 compiler
- Digital Mars D2 compiler
- GDC D Compiler

You should see all 3 compiler or your compilation failed.
Please follow this wiki page:
-
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows