dmd 1.060 and 2.045 release

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon May 10 11:59:32 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> It may not be an issue, the spell checker is simply a nice hint, but
> isn't essential to determine errors.

It's a good summary of the situation. I've felt that as long as the message took
under a second to generate, it was ok. Realistically, I don't see anyone using
identifiers as long as you tested unless they were machine generated.

In my own code, I've found the spell checker is more than a nice hint. Most of
the time it nails it and speeds fixing the problem because I don't need to
myself go and manually look up the correct spelling.

Iterating through the symbol table is not impossible, it's just a lot of work as
it is not designed for that. There are also some issues with shadowing.
Furthermore, I'd like the speller to work with the symbol table in the C++
compiler, too, which I don't wish to reimplement.