[Article Context, First Draft] Concurrency, Parallelism and D

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 20:07:51 PDT 2011

Am 10.04.2011 04:27, schrieb dsimcha:

>>> Where?
>>
>> Where could it ever be? After "parallelism".
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Actually, I specifically remember learning about this grammar rule in
> middle school.  When listing stuff, the comma before the "and" is
> optional.  Putting it and not putting it are both correct.

Having both "and" and the comma seems redundant to me.

But I'm German and we don't have a comma before and ("und") in lists* so
maybe I'm just not used to it.

Cheers,
- Daniel

* an Exception is when a subordinate clause ends before the "and", like
in "I know programming languages like C, D, which kicks ass, and Java"