Orange 1.0.0 beta - serialization library

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Aug 22 23:51:57 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-22 21:50, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 18:13:32 +0300, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>
>> I've almost finished the rewrite of my serialization library Orange.
>
> While I've never had the chance to use Orange myself, one of the
> problems I've often heard being associated with using Orange was large
> binary file sizes. What are your thoughts about this issue? If this is a
> real problem, do you think the toolchain could be improved in this
> regard (perhaps ideas such as merging bitwise-identical functions at
> link time)?

I never heard anything being associated with using Orange. The library
takes up 77.8 kb, compiled with dmd 1.067 on Mac OS X. A Hello World app
using Orange takes up 1.2 mb, I don't know if that's a problem.

I don't have any thoughts, I didn't know it was an issue. Yes I think
the tool chain can be improved, at least I hope it can.

--
/Jacob Carlborg