D programming language specification ebook

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Sun Jul 10 13:11:14 PDT 2011

On 07/10/2011 01:33 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

> For reasons that are a mystery to me, the same text on the same
> operating system on the same display will render much nicer as a pdf
> than in a browser.
>
> This is true for Windows/IE as well as Ubuntu/Firefox.
>
> It's why I gave up on using a browser to display my presentations, and
> now use pdf's. Projecting a browser display on a screen is cringeworthy
> bad.

Were you using the same fonts in the browser as the PDF? Personally,
I've never had a problem reading the fonts in my browser versus PDF.
What I really hate about PDF is that it doesn't flow and doesn't respect
my viewing preferences -- which is fine for printed paper, but sucks for
reading on a myriad of devices.