Plot2kill 0.2

Sat Mar 5 10:27:20 PST 2011

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 13:09:15 -0500, dsimcha wrote:

> I've done some major updating of my Plot2kill plotting library lately,
> such that I thought it was worth posting an announcement and calling it
> version 0.2.

Cool! :)  I'll be sure to try it out.

> [...]
>
> For those who aren't familiar with it, Plot2kill supports both gtkD and
> DFL.  I've put the DFL port in maintenance mode.  It still works, but I
> won't be backporting any of the GUI-specific changes anytime soon.  This
> is mostly because DFL has a few key limitations that would make this
> port second-rate compared to the GTK port no matter what.  The most
> important ones are lack of support for non-Windows OS's and lack of an
> easy way to save in vector formats.  Furthermore, DFL has bit rotted
> such that it doesn't even compile without some modifications on DMD
> 2.052.

Does this mean that it can save to vector formats now, or just that you
intend to add that functionality?  EPS would be awesome, because it's
pretty much the only thing you can use directly with LaTeX.  (Yes,
pdfLaTeX accepts many other formats, but many scientific journals still
require you to provide EPS figures.)

Of course, one can usually convert losslessly between the various vector
formats, but it would be most convenient if Plot2kill could save directly
to EPS, PDF and SVG.

-Lars