DVM - D Version Manager 0.2.0

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 12:22:31 PDT 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 14:51:18 -0400, Robert Clipsham
<robert at octarineparrot.com> wrote:

> On 18/05/2011 16:20, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Printer support is woefully missing. My 2-year old printer still isn't
>> supported on Linux.
>
> Now this is beyond me. Everyone I've talked to says printer support in
> Linux sucks, but I've been through several printers, and Linux has been
> the only operating system I've used that's had no problems with it.
> Regardless of the distro, it picks up a local or network printer and
> allows me to print without any configuration whatsoever - apparently it
> doesn't 'just work' for anyone else though. In OS X and Windows I have
> to manually find network printers and find drivers online, only the
> latter for local printers. Even then they don't always work.

At work, since I've been here (almost 2 years), my laptop always cuts off
about 1/8 of an inch from the left of the page.  Until the latest upgrade
to ubuntu 11, I would have to adjust the "image quality" to 1200 dpi every
time I printed (even from the same application) or else any graphics on a
page would be super-grainy like I printed it in 1995.

I'm sure it works great in some cases.  Just not in general.  And mostly
not for me :(

-Steve