Learning With D

Emil Madsen sovende at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:57:50 PDT 2011

On 22 May 2011 22:26, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:

> Jesse Phillips:
>
> > We all know D would make a very good first language, and I want to
> provide some material that makes this possible.<
>
> This is a very interesting experiment, thank you for writing it.
>
> Regarding languages to be used as first language for adults or near-adults,
> I think there is no very good language for this purpose (for children the
> situation is better, there are many Logo variants, some graphical languages,
> etc). And even if you invent a language very good for this purpose, probably
> no one uses it, there are no libs and ecosystem for it, so it keeps being a
> mostly useless and buggy toy. I don't see many ways out of this situation.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Well about learning a programming language as your first; I really think its
worth considering that several universities (AU atleast) introduces their
students to programming, using java, simply because it offers several
pedagogical learning tools alike; Greenfoot, that makes the introduction
more of a game than really an exercise.

I honestly think, it would make D more attractive as a first language to
learn, if it had these 'pedagogical' teaching tools.

--
// Yours sincerely
// Emil 'Skeen' Madsen