D2 port of Tango

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:01:42 PDT 2011

On 11/3/11, Denis Shelomovskij <verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com> wrote:
> * the worst case, if you provide a large enough buffer, you are (I was)
> completely sure Tango will use it (you want to do a manual memory
> management by some reason), *but* it will reallocate a new one from GC
> if it just don't like yours

That sounds really weird. So it takes your array buffer as a ref
argument and resizes it / reallocates it if it's not big enough? I've
never used Tango so I don't quite understand how it works. If I pass a
static array or its slice of it, it can't do much except maybe throw
an exception if it's not big enough. Hidden memory allocations are
superbad!