D:YAML 0.3 released

Kiith-Sa 42 at theanswer.com
Thu Nov 17 08:21:04 PST 2011

Performance is actually not an issue here, insignificant part of total
parsing time is spent in Constructor (only about 2%) and any slowdown
there should not be noticeable.

The idea you're proposing here would indeed simplify the API, but
I'm not sure if the result would always be what the user wants.

Any exception (potentially user-defined) would be handled and its
message added to a YAMLException, as we would need to catch(Exception)
in the calling code. I can't think of an example where this could be
a problem, since the exceptions we don't expect to be handled
are usually derived from Throwable, but what if the user expects an
exception to be thrown at MyStruct construction and not handled by
D:YAML at all?