D2 port of Tango

SiegeLord none at none.com
Tue Oct 18 14:07:52 PDT 2011

Eric Poggel (JoeCoder) Wrote:

> Not quite.  I was wondering if it can be done with ONLY bringing in what
> I need, as apposed to most or all of tango.

One of Tango's philosophies was to minimize intermodule dependencies, something that makes this porting effort a lot easier... still, those dependencies do exist, meaning that you usually can't use individual modules in isolation. I don't really get your question however. TangoD2 is just another 3rd party library... to use it you'd install the whole thing somewhere on your computer. Then, you can compile the whole thing into a library OR use a tool like xfbuild (maybe rdmd too, never had luck with that one) to compile only the modules that your program imports.

-SiegeLord