D2 port of Tango

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 21 11:44:13 PDT 2011

On 10/20/2011 10:00 PM, Kagamin wrote:
> Jacob Carlborg Wrote:
>
>> Even if one would use Phobos, Tango still have things to offer over
>> Phobos. For example, support for OpenSSL, cryptographic, a net library
>> that doesn't depend on external libraries and a better XML library.
>
> Hmm... does Phobos offer something over Tango?
Even *IF* Phobos didn't offer anything else over Tango, it comes
standardly installed with D.  Unless Tango offers the EXACT same
interface, that's enough to cause me to prefer Phobos over Tango.  And
being feature compatible is quite difficult even when that's your goal.

So it would be extremely preferable if Tango could be installed along
side of Phobos without interfering with it.  If it can't be, it will
divide the development community.  Again.  With foreseeable effects in
an already small community.